Tuesday 5 April 2011

My first

I just started this blog as my youngest brother told me I should have a blog, seeing as I go to a lot of concerts, see lots of films, read a lot and have a lot to say in general. So I thought; why not? He had a point. I do love my culture; as long as it is dark and have atmosphere, I can love it. That said, this will not be a blog where I only write about stuff I really enjoy, it will be my honest opinion. Not everything will be praise ...

The reason I called it Tåkeland, is that it means «Land of fog» in Norwegian. Norway is a land of fog. There are a lot of mountains and wilderness, and is a cold and tough country. For some reason, I really enjoy this, and out of the four seasons we have here, I prefer the autumn. It is a melancholic and weird season. We are losing the sun, and we go towards darker times. This always reminds me of my favourite quote. It is from the song «Closure» by Opeth. «In the rays of the sun, I am longing for the darkness». This gives me so much and sums up how I like my music (and culture in general): dark and dystopic.

Anyway, I hope someone will find this blog interesting enough to read and will enjoy it. Also, I am hoping the readers will air their opinions as well and give me feedback on my thoughts. Though, I will continue it as long as I enjoy it, readers or no readers.

Enjoy!

In the rays of the sun, I am longing for the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment